Wednesday 28 December 2011

The happiest of news!

Did everyone have a wonderful Christmas?! I would love to hear what lovely pressies Santa brought you... what lovely food you had?

We had a lovely quiet morning - Ryan bought me some beautiful presents, gorgeous stained glass from Flora Jamieson, a beautiful plate from Julia Smith, an amazing Mimco handbag (to match my planned xmas day outfit!) and lots of other goodies, too! He was lavished with all sorts of games for the wii and xbox, and he is now happily playing Skylanders... I may not see much of him for a few days ;) Our parents also lavished many gorgeous gifts on us (we had Christmas dinner with Ryan's parents and sisters), and we are overwhelmed with how many lovely things we received... thank you to everyone!

We have some very happy news to share! On Christmas Day - Ryan called me in to the living room and told me there was something hidden in the twinkling Christmas tree... I had a wee hunt, and found a box, and inside, the most gorgeous ring! When I turned around, Ryan was down on one knee and asking me to be his wife... I burst in to tears and of course instantly said YES! We are so happy and I am just over the moon with my beautiful engagement ring and the most wonderful man I could ever hope for, who I can now call my fiance...we already knew we were going to spend the rest of our lives together, but now it's official...

It really was the best Christmas, ever!

We will be back soon, but I have lots of staring at my engagement ring to do and dreaming of weddings ;)

much love from a very happy A & R!
xo

11 comments:

Carolina Elizabeth said...

Congratulations to the both of you! The ring is gorgeous!!! What a sweet couple!!!! Carolina E.

lisa solomon said...

oh abigail ! oh ryan ! so excited for you both !!
congrats
[of course you jewelers would have impeccable ring taste]
hug hug hug !
what a wonderful way to wrap up the holidays !! xo

Lisa Dora said...

Awwwhhhh! congradulations to you both! What a beautiful ring;-) May ye have many happy years together......xox ...*Love conquers all!*

Nancy@owensolivia said...

yay!! your ring is gorgeous! congrats!

Flora said...

Many congratulations - I'm thrilled for you both. The ring is beautiful xx

casapinka said...

What a lovely story. Congratulations! Big smiles.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Congratulations to you both, wonderful news and a gorgeous ring too!!
Must have been the year for it my daughter and her boyfriend got engaged too. :)

shari said...

thrilled for you two! what a gorgeous ring. xox

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh wow.. congratulations... wishing you both a wonderful year filled with happiness

abigail*ryan said...

Thank you SO much, everyone, for your kind well wishes... we're so delighted :)) xo!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! Cant wait to see you magical handmade wedding!! And thank you again or the magical comment you left on my blog! made my day! xx